Generally, you do not need to mail or send us any documents when you apply. We will notify you if we need any documents. Information on providing us with application documents, such as transcripts and letters of recommendation, is detailed below.
1. No Paper or Hard Copies of Documents are Needed to Apply
Generally, applicants should upload all required application documents directly to the application. Recommenders are able to complete and submit a letter of recommendation online following the instructions provided to them by email.
Mailing hard copies of application documents will significantly delay review of your application by six to eight weeks due to the transit time and time required to process the documents and link the documents to your application. We may also discard, without review, any documents you mail to us that we have not specifically requested.
2. Upload these Documents Directly to the Online Application
Please note that electronic copies/scans of the following documents should be uploaded directly to our online application when you apply:
- Transcripts / Marksheets / Diploma Certificates
- Statement of Purpose
- Resume / CV
- GRE / TOEFL / IELTS score report*
* If relevant, you should also instruct ETS to send us an official GRE and/or TOEFL score report. Our ETS institution code is 3665 (no department code is necessary). If you have an IELTS score, please upload it as a PDF directly to your application under the Test Results section of the application, in which the Test Report Form (TRF) number is visible. This number can be found in a text box towards the bottom right of your IELTS score results page. If uploaded correctly, we will verify your IELTS scores online and you will not need to send hard copies of the score report.
Please provide an English translation of your transcripts and marksheets if the language of your transcript is not English. You do not need to have your transcript evaluated by any foreign credential evaluation service.
If you mail us transcripts, marksheets, diploma certificates, statements of purpose, or resumes prior to being admitted, the documents you mail will be discarded without review.
3. Recommendations are Submitted Online
Please note that your recommenders will receive an email inviting them to complete and submit an electronic letter of recommendation through our online application system. Letters of recommendation must be submitted electronically. We do not accept paper copies or hard copies for letters of recommendation.
4. Financial Documentation / Certification is Not Needed to Apply
Please be advised that no financial documentation or certification is required when you apply. If you are an international student and are later admitted, we will provide you with instructions on required financial documentation and certification with regards to the student visa process.
If you mail us financial documentation prior to being admitted, your financial documentation will be discarded without review.
5. Mailing Documents Will Significantly Delay Review of Your Application
We strongly encourage applicants to upload application documents directly to our online application and for letters of recommendation to be submitted online.
Please note that mailing hard copies of application documents will significantly delay review of your application by six to eight weeks due to the transit time and time required to process the documents and link the documents to your application. We may also discard, without review, any documents you mail to us that we have not specifically requested.
Electronically uploading your documents also avoids the possibility that your documents will be lost in transit by your delivery company or courier, especially for documents sent from overseas.
6. Thank You
Thank you for helping us reduce our carbon footprint. If you are admitted, you will be asked to provide an official copy of your transcript(s), and, if relevant, your degree/diploma certificates.
- Email Us
- Call Us @ 617.373.2711